Deck Collage Project

This post was originally going to be a "Tarot vs. Lenormand" but I still want to get to know the Lenormand deck and dig up more differences, there are quite a few! So I will save that for another post.

Clipping idea's for the 1 - Rider card in Lenormand

I wanted to talk about a fun project I have started with collage! I have used collage art for years, in fact most of my paintings I did around 2001-2005 consisted of collage. When I got my first Oracle deck last year, I was really drawn to these little daily messages. I loved that oracle decks are so varied and different from deck to deck. It hit me quick that I wanted to create my own oracle deck. I've been saving magazine clippings for years, but in the past few months I have been searching for clippings just for this project. Anytime I would read through my Juxtapoz or High Fructose magazines I would see images that would make me either think of a tarot card or a little guidance.

Now that I have picked up a Lenormand deck and decided to start studying that system as well, I also wanted to create my own Lenormand deck. I have been looking at the different decks online but have yet to find one that really suits me. I also noticed there are not as many Lenormand decks as there are Tarot decks, most are very similar in style and feature victorian like illustrations. I'm very artsy and modern and I like my decks to reflect that. So, I decided to make my own Lenormand deck as well as an oracle deck, both using collage as the main art platform.

I won't hide the fact that I also have a bin of magazine clippings for a future tarot deck as well... shhh. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *