Always room for growth!


Since I am always looking to learn and grow as a reader, I love a good tarot course! I have taken a few courses with Biddy Tarot and loved them, they really helped fill in some area's that I wanted to improve. I don't think there is anything wrong with taking tarot classes and courses! No matter where you are in life as a reader, I think courses are always great to take. Whether you have been reading for years or whether you just picked up your first deck today.

The courses I tend to look for are ones that take a slightly different approach to tarot. I like teachers that think outside of the box when it comes to throwing cards. Last night I decided to sign up for The Alternative Tarot Course taught by Beth Maiden of Little Red Tarot! The course totally caught my eye and I just had to sign up. I have always really loved Beth's approach to reading the cards, I feel a strong connection to her style and adore her blog. Not to mention she is a fellow Collective Tarot owner as well! The reason I decided to take this course in general was to help improve my tarot blogging. She had mentioned that the course can help with blogging inspiration, as well as a different approach to reading the cards. My style is very intuitive, meaning I tend to toss the book out the window when I read my cards. So this was right up my alley!

I'm starting this course on Monday, even though I already kind of read through the first week chapter. It's an 8-week course and looks super fun! I'm debating on posting my "homework" on the blog or just keep it in my new journal... that I totally bought just for the class! My 2014 journal is filled to the last page and I had yet to start a 2015 journal, gasp! Another thing I need to think of over the weekend is what deck/s I want to use. Thinking of using this course to either work on a deeper connection to one of my current decks or alternate a deck each week. The other day I mentioned I have a new deck coming so I know for sure I want to use this in the course, but I don't think it will be here for a couple weeks, bummer! So I went through all my decks (my collection has shrunk, I have sold a lot of decks recently that got no love and kept only the decks that truely had a place in my heart) and came to these:

  • Collective Tarot - a given, since it was my grail deck and I have a great relationship with it
  • Homestuck Tarot - another one I adore, this deck has really grown on me!
  • "The new deck coming" - shhh, a secret till it arrives!

What about you, do you like tarot courses? If so, what are your favorites that you have taken? (I need some enabling! lol)

2 comments:

  1. I've considered taking Beth's course too. She is super awesome and I feel like I could trust her as a teacher. I am very particular about who I open myself up to as a student and I feel like I need to connect with them and trust them since being a student is being vulnerable and opening yourself up to someone else's influence. I hope you write at least a little about the experience of taking the course on the blog, I'd love to hear about it. :)
    Sarah Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to start now and just lengthen my first week till next Monday (the 2nd) and I have to say, I really like it. It helped me pull out some interesting things out of my cards that I looked past before on the deck I'm using (The Homestuck Tarot). I will be curious as the weeks go on, the first week is kind of a basic "starting point" week, so I'm looking forward to the later weeks! :)

      Delete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *