Sacred Space in the New Place

Some big changes have been going on in my life, we moved! Last month we bought a house, I am finally able to have my own room and space as well. I thought I would take a moment and share my sacred space with you on the blog. It's still a work in progress, but some area's are nearly done, and I'm thrilled to be in this space.

My favorite spot in this room is my main shelf. It holds all my books, stones, and a few altars. 


On this shelf I have two altar spaces on each top end. The left side is my Earth and Womoon altar. This space is where I honor the Mother Earth and everything womoon, from moontime to femininity. While I recognize myself as a Naturalistic Pantheist, I am very drawn to all the many denominations of the Goddess. I find anything Goddess based very interesting and comforting, I have been trying to incorporate this more and more into my practice. My practice has been slowly growing again after a major shift I had last year. I may do a post in the future about what my practice is if anyone is interested. I've been wanting to add more to this blog that isn't just all tarot.

  
On the other end, I have my ancestor altar. This space just popped up this morning, I felt drawn to set up a space for my father in law. For some reason I get the vibe that I should set this space up. My father in law passed away early last year, he inspired me a lot to study Shamanism this year and I feel I owe him much gratitude for that. He was very active in Native American practices and would make medicine bags by the hundreds (no joke, we have boxes upon boxes of pouches he has made), he also made a large batch of ceremonial incense that we burned at his memorial in Sedona, Az. 


There is a small table with drawers near a window, I am currently using this space for my Chakra altars as I work my way through the Chakra Rhythms course with Moondaughter. Currently we are on the Solar Plexus and I set my altar up this morning... I'm a few days behind due to the move, oop's!


My last altar space (I'm sure this won't be the last altar I set up, too) is my moon altar! One of my favorite altars of them all, even as simple as it currently is. I plan to add a few more items to this altar when I unpack them, but for now it's done. This is a space that holds a special place in my heart, my path is very moon based. The sun has been entering my daily practice as well, for some reason I never focused on the sun since it's very masculine, I tend to favor all things feminine and not so much masculine. I've just always been turned off about having a masculine side to my practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *